Representing, from *** University | Part 2


I woke up surprisingly well the next day. I responded to the Facebook post that I was tag with an 'unbelievable cartoon' gif. However, I was calm and actually wanted to laugh instead.

Our research paper was picked to present for the upcoming oral research presentation. Apparently, we were the only entry for our school, no wonder why we were picked though LOL!

 

I immediately consulted my groupmates about it for planning. Because there were only two of us left eligible to present, I was asked to choose either to present the study or answer the questions. Since I am not really good at both, I weighed it out in a way where I know I can still make it most probably.

 

 

 

 

 

So I chose to speak.

 

 





Speaking is never my cup of tea. I mean, it's not the crowd or whatsoever that frightens me, it's the fact that I might stutter or forget my lines in the middle of the presentation. I was afraid of the fact that I'm not the most focused person ever and I'm not expressive verbally that I cannot easily replace my lines.

I was trying to see the silver lining of this. I always get anxious almost about everything but I know, deep down, I needed this experience. It's a river to cross in order to move forward. An opportunity for me to step outside my comfort zone.

 

Less than a  week before the event, I wrote my lines and practiced a lot of times. I actually prioritized it than my studies >u< I prayed and studied our paper and I guess that's the most of the remaining days.

 

 On the day of the presentation, I went to my classmates' pad for a good internet connection. Because apparently, ours was being a b*** for the past few days already. I witnessed some of the presentations and I cannot emphasize much how good they were. I bet everyone is already used to talking in front. There was one competitor who presented so well that I thought she was a DJ or something hahahah… Anyway, I presented well but not that good compared to others. I didn't really had magical voice acting and an ear-catching presentation, it was so-so - just the usual me, but I'm glad I didn’t get lost. I'm glad I didn't step back.

 

We ended up 1st place in the poster making. Thanks to my groupmate for the creative piece. It was a crazy week so I rewarded myself by watching Attack on Titans afterwards.







------------------------------------------------------------       End     -------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

What can you say about my experience? Did you also had the same thing? Tell me more in the comments!

 

 



 

 ❤️follow my blog for more!❤️






Comments

  1. I can absolutely relate to your nervousness with public speaking. Good for you though to be as prepared as you could and to complete the task!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Im not good in public speaking. Everyday was super nerve-wrecking while I was preparing for it. Yes, it's a relief now that it's over ^u^ Have a nice day!

      Delete
  2. I never have been the one to enjoy public speaking. But, I have learned that with more practice you get more comfortable.

    xo Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Erica. Will I look insane if I ask for opportunities to speak (so that I'll get more practice?) Hahahah. Anyway, I was grateful for the experience, it was a stepping stone :) Thanks for dropping by <3

      Delete
  3. I enjoy public speaking so much.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/02/rodial-dragons-blood-eye-gel.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you haha.. I mean I wish the same ^^, thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. I hattteee public speaking. It's one of my biggest weaknesses, but I do always feel good when it's over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hear hear! Hahah but still it's an experience that we can never forget despite of ^u^

      Delete
  5. I also hate public speaking! Its the WORST! Practise is the key x

    http://adventuresinmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, dear readers! Thank you for reading, browsing, sharing, or supporting my blog in any ways. It makes me very happy and forever grateful. Don't forget to leave a comment, as I would love to interact with you guys, and follow my blog as well. xoxo, Fiona

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Milk Tea Flavors In Our Local Shops

How Genuine Self-awareness Change My Game?

Promoted + My Plans For Summer