90s Anime Pick


It was because of my sister that I got hook up watching anime. I was still six back then when she introduced me to a cute anime series that became my favorite childhood anime now. Before I got into Taiwanese/Korean drama, watching anime was my leisure. Because Netflix/watching online wasn't very popular back then, I used to eagerly looking forward in watching my favorite anime in their designated airing time in Animax (a television channel that airs anime series). In those days, it's hard to follow the over-all series as watching it isn't very accessible considering that I was still schooling and most of the time they air it during the day. Hence, I didn't get much of its storyline, however… fastforward… when online anime sites/Netflix where already a thing I tried to finish some of my favorite old series and it's truly a reminiscing experience to do it. If you're looking for a light and funny, classic old anime here are my picks for you.


Cardcaptor Sakura

The first anime that became my favorite. This is a three season anime, very light and good for all ages although the characters are of middle school age so probably if you're not into puppy love and young, magical adventures this is not for you. The thing that I love about this anime is everything is just soooo cute! Her outfits, accessories, and their theme songs are just amazing! Every season has its own story conflict but each are still continually related. Simply, Sakura which is the main hero of the story, is capturing/guarding all the clow cards that she accidently released while trying to survive against her enemies and daily life as a student.

Photo taken from Pinterest

Detective Conan

If you're a Sherlock Holmes fanatic, this anime is what I can recommend. Shinichi, the famous teen detective, was suddenly caught in an incident that forced him to swallow a pill turning him into a 10 years old boy. This anime has only one storyline which aims to find the organization that did that to him while basically tries to solve murder cases. The story also has romance between the characters which is so cute, not to mention that Shinichi is fairly handsome.

Photo taken from Google Images

 

Fushigi Yuugi

I should warn you that this anime is for 18+ only hahaha. It has a little bit of explicit scene and cringy, flirty acts from the characters but it is still a comedic anime. I just love that the male protagonists are so handsome and protective, kind but some are "viciously bad" -- you know those types. Their storyline is about a school girl, Miyaka, accidentally trapped inside a story book wherein the characters were  apparently alive.  The girl became a princess in that feudal era and was prophecised to lead her seven protectors in the battle against their enemy which turns out to be the best friend of Miyaka.

Photo taken from Google Images


 

Flame of Recca

This anime has also one season. It's very quick and you can actually finish watching it in less than a week. The story is about a high school boy who likes to be a ninja and then suddenly was gifted with the powers of one of the seven dragons. The storyline is basically about fighting his enemies to save his girl and defeat the villain of the story which also has a flaming power, while trying to acquire the powers of all the seven dragons.  Aside from the fact that Recca is handsome, their opening theme song (OST) is the best!

Photo taken from Google Images


 

Ranma 1/2

This is a light and cute, romantic anime that is about a teenage boy, Ranma, that turns into a girl when poured with cold water. Basically, he's trying to find a cure from his condition and at the same time trying to live his daily shenanigans and of course, unconfessed feelings to Akane. What I love about this anime is aside from the fact that the male protagonist is cute, their theme songs too are so catchy.

Photo taken from Google Images
 

 



Have you watch these anime series? What do you like to watch among the picks?

Let me know in the comments.

 




  ❤️follow my blog for more!❤️


Comments

  1. Everything sounds so great! I used to watch Cardcaptor Sakura but I totally forgot about it until now. Thank you for unlocking a lovely memory <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cardcaptor Sakura!!! Kero was my favorite character. Who's yours? :D


    Mari // www.dazedmari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love him as well! I love all the characters <3

      Delete
  3. I can completely relate to loving all of the titles you mentioned above and eagerly looking forward to watching any anime featured on Animax!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend loves 90s anime, and these are some great picks that I've heard her mention. Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this! it brought me back to such nice memories and clearly remember waiting for airing time to watch them! Ranma and Detective Conan were my go to after school x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Growing up, I loved watching Cardcaptor Sakura, but I think the ones I loved watching the most were Naruto, Shaman King and Ghost in the Shell. My sister and I would watch them when our parents were at work, so always at night. As I grew up, it became harder and harder to find those shows, especially when a channel dedicated to Anime was removed.

    I loved getting Netflix, as it meant I could finish watching certain shows and watching them in order, as you mention.

    I haven't watched Detective Conan, but I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, so I will have to give that Anime a watch.

    I enjoyed reading your detailed reviews of each Anime! Thank you so much for sharing. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I heard those last two anime you mentioned. Never watched them before. I'm curious!

      Delete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these shows before, thank you for sharing! :)

    Hope you are having a nice weekend :) I had a fun girly day out shopping yesterday, it was so much fun!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shopping! That's really nice to hear :))

      Delete
  8. I used to watch Sakura and Conan, I watched Doraemon and Naruto as well.
    OMG, I wish I could go back to good old days when I had binge watching of anime every Sunday morning, hahaha :)
    Thanks for sharing anyway!

    xoxo,
    |CHELSHEAFLO|

    www.chelsheaflo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, dear readers! Thank you for reading, browsing, sharing, or supporting my blog in any ways. It makes me very happy and forever grateful. Don't forget to leave a comment, as I would love to interact with you guys, and follow my blog as well. xoxo, Fiona

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Milk Tea Flavors In Our Local Shops

How Genuine Self-awareness Change My Game?

Promoted + My Plans For Summer