How Genuine Self-awareness Change My Game?


It's been a year since I realize I was missing this piece. The very learning I needed to acquire to survive. It was so naïve of me, somewhat a pity to not know deeply its meaning. I have been through shitty times in the middle of my med school years and  knowing about this now made me think that I was really on my edge during those dark times; and I wasn't sure how I went through it given that I was so helpless. Nevertheless, genuine self-awareness was the fruit of that storm.

Self-awareness is so over-rated. We've been taught in school or by motivational writers/speakers on knowing ourselves - our strengths and weaknesses. The things that we want and we don't want, even our insecurities - everything about us in and out encompasses a genuine self-awareness. But the thing is, on self-growth, being aware doesn't end there. We often overlook the very essential element that comes with it and that is its importance.



So why do we need to know the importance of being self-aware?



Simply because this is a foundation to self-care.



Especially when you're in a dreadful season, self-awareness is really a must! I remembered a depressive episode that I went through which I was too naïve to even realize it was really it. All I know that time was I felt like a soulless person. I do my daily routine but everything remains to be just physical. I walk under a sunny, beautiful morning but I cannot feel the joy in it. There was no spark of fire within me, that's what I felt. This continued until I just messed up everything in my life that moment. Another instance was my episodes of headache. I cannot imagine how I physically survive it but it was really a tolerable but depreciating pain inside my brain. It was a grueling time because I had to force myself to study while enduring it -- simply because that time I wasn't aware of self-care. 

All things considered, getting through it pave way of my learning to self-awareness and taking care of myself, despite the damage it cause to me mentally and physically. Now I realized that it's truly necessary to really understand the importance of self-aware. Because even when you're in a hellish season, when you know you're not doing great or you're feeling down -- if you're aware of yourself at that moment, you'll know when to pause and seek help. It's also important to know that not all people, even the ones closest to you, will gonna assume that you need help because they also have their own lives and you cannot really distinguish if a person is okay or not. Sometimes, a depressed person also laughs out loud.

Meanwhile, since last summer I have been practicing self-awareness and self-care and honestly I'm not really consistent with it but I'm still proud of myself for this tad bit improvement. 



❤️follow my blog for more!❤️






Comments

  1. Self-awareness is so important but it is so hard sometimes. It's difficult to remember to step back and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree! I also have lapses even if I already made a bit of progress. But I think it's still part of growth :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. I like to think we are constantly growing and changing so our self-awareness must be fluid but self care constant, even if the form of self care changes over time. Nicely written. ✌

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, self care is a must... Otherwise we crash and burn so to speak. Working/studying non stop is counterproductive.
    Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Self awareness is so important and it's attached to a journey of Self discovery and that never ends. You continue to learn more of yourself and tune into what you need. Sometimes even staying true to yourself despite what everyone else may be telling you. I love any post that deals with self so I knew that I had to read this post and leave a comment. Thank you for sharing this with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment :) I enjoy writing about self care too and I truly agree!

      Delete
  5. Yes self awareness is crucial, we need to be mindful of our current and be introspective to see the greater picture. As you said,people are living their lives, one must know and understand self, be ready to help self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Self awareness is so important! The pandemic has helped me become more mindful of my life and actions which I'm super happy about! Thank you for sharing xx

    Lynn | https://www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooo!! This pandemic was really a blessing in disguise <3

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful reminder to look after ourselves and continue to grow.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish self-awareness was easier at times. Your post was a great reminder x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard at some point too like I always tend to forgot I needed a break.. yes thank you :)

      Delete
  9. Great post. Self awareness is the most important thing for our inner peace!
    Eri Tz

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pandemic and subsequent lockdowns have truly highlighted the importance of self-awareness the need for self-care. A beautiful reminder, a necessary post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad practicing self-awareness and self-care has helped you get through difficult times. Also glad to get to know another Filipina blogger :) x

    Mari | www.dazedmari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh that's great! Nice to meet you Mari! Yes and I agree ^^,

      Delete
  12. Great post! Self-awareness can be so tough sometimes, and I think it's so important to remember these ideas, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, dear readers! Thank you for reading, browsing, sharing, or supporting my blog in any ways. It makes me very happy and forever grateful. Don't forget to leave a comment, as I would love to interact with you guys, and follow my blog as well. xoxo, Fiona

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Milk Tea Flavors In Our Local Shops

Promoted + My Plans For Summer