Karma: A Wrongdoer's Perspective


"What goes around, comes around." -- The infamous line that maybe a lot would agree into but not me, for at the very least I don't oppose to it either.  It's just there's something with the quote that I don't quite get. I feel like every time I hear it, it's kind of like a punishment when you do something evil to others. Is it too one sided? Same goes to the thought that you have to be kind and good things will come back to you. Is this bribery?

I always like to look at life as a complex matter for the reason that whatever we are in right now is a product of multiple factors. So that is why when it comes to good and evil I like to see it beyond its antagonistic characters. Back as a child, we were taught that these two are completely separate entities and when we do something good, we are good and if we do the opposite, we are bad. While this concept made moral standards easier back then, as I grow old I slowly realized that we cannot just think it this way. 

Few years ago, I had a conflict with a close friend. I want to simply put it that I think I became the bad guy during that time. After that upheaval, a year after, something heartbreaking happened to me; hence, some says that it might have been a 'payback' for what I did. And that made me think - was it karma? I was guilty for what I did. I knew it was wrong regardless. But in the back of my mind, I knew that what I did was my way of coping with my mental state.

 

So this got me thinking that karma, as how others perceived it, is a bit one-sided. How they think of it doesn't acknowledge that good and evil co-exist for each other. From here, I can conclude that I believe in karma in its general concept that "all actions have consequences" but if they said that "it's somewhat a form of punishment" I don't think so. As to injustice, I want to think it this way - Life has its ways to balance its constituents - to balance good and evil in the world. To be taught in the hardest way doesn't mean it's a 'payback', for me, it is how life makes things in order and put us in our rightful places. Moreover, when you do good things just so you'll gain something in return, I think that's not genuine at all. Do good things because it is the right thing to do and not because you want something from it. 


 




What are your thoughts in karma? Let me know in the comments!









 ❤️follow my blog for more!❤️






Comments

  1. This was very interesting for reading. I also believe in karma and fact that universe made balans and every action have consequence.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/03/face-cleansers-exfoliators.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes indeed. Some things are just beyond understanding :D

      Delete
  2. What a thought-provoking post! I have to agree with your thoughts (you’ve articulated them so well). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an interesting read! I completely agree with you that if you want to do good things don't do them expecting something in return and that not everything bad that happens is related to something that happened. As you said though life balances itself, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think I believe in karma, as I think if you do good things then eventually good things will come your way. However, I think it's an attitude e.g. if you are positive about things, then positive things will come your way. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, everything balances itself out eventually and we can't be perfect all the time- it's your attitude that matters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, didn't think it this way. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. I think of karma as a cycle of what we invest in the universe. If we send light and goodness into the world, it will return in kind. If we send harm and nastiness into the world, it will will return in kind. I believe there is a cosmic balance, in which karma plays a great part. That's my perspective from my journey so far, and all is subject to change as I learn and grow. Be well. ✌πŸ’•✌

    ReplyDelete
  6. Insightful!Never give a hard thought on this part prticularly,and this is so interesting to read. I am inclined to what you refer as complexity of being good and bad. Some who do only good but their words in communicating are the worse. Human used to call it as moral standard in whatever aspect as such communication to clarify further between the lines of good and bad.Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. before reading this post, I thought about karma as a transactional process what I put into the world, is what I earn from the world. but after reading this, it gives me a lot to think about. the idea that all things, good and bad, that happen in an individual's life is not necessarily a reflection of their personal choices but rather the universe maintaining the balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know right. It's an alternative perspective about karma that I think we can ponder on.

      Delete
  8. I really enjoy reading things that make you think and look at alternate perspectives. You have done a great job with that on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on karma. It's interesting to read you. I believe in karma and I don't think all actions can be reduced to good or evil. Not everything is black and white. There are many shades of gray in between. In any case, it is certain to me that everything you do comes back to you. In the case of generosity, it comes back to you if you do it unselfishly, that is, when it comes from the heart. An act of kindness done with an expectation of return is a facade and what you receive is also a facade. It's just a law of the universe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, dear readers! Thank you for reading, browsing, sharing, or supporting my blog in any ways. It makes me very happy and forever grateful. Don't forget to leave a comment, as I would love to interact with you guys, and follow my blog as well. xoxo, Fiona

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Milk Tea Flavors In Our Local Shops

How Genuine Self-awareness Change My Game?

Promoted + My Plans For Summer