How I've Been Catching Up With Criticism






One thing that I'm really grateful for last year despite the pandemic is learning how to take care of myself. Self care is an overrated topic. It's everywhere in the social media. Everyone has been talking about it, posting quotations and all sorts but not for a moment did I come in realization how it actually works and I have been missing it all these years.

Just a side note: I am still, up until now, learning how to take care of myself. This tip is so far what I have been working on from time to time last year. There are times it slips out of my consciousness, but growth is not a linear process as they said. Nonetheless, this tip helped me a lot and hopefully to you as well.







"Be the voice for ourselves."

This was one of the best advice I got from Dr. Julie Smith (@drjuliesmith), a therapist, in her Tiktok videos. If you're like me having trouble in accepting or taking in criticism, being bullied or labeled in any sort, or embarrassed in front of people, becoming the voice for yourself coaches you up in dealing with these. I know it's easy to give in with your emotions whenever you hear painful words. It's easy to divert your attention but when really you're trying to conceal your reaction. But, it's truly important to attend on what you feel.
To become the voice for ourselves means to coach yourself that every time you feel sad or angry be there for yourself just like a coach telling you what to do. 

Example scenario:
If you receive hateful and negative words from someone, tell yourself this...

"Everything that a person says speaks about them and not me. I know my worth, just at the fact I am born out of every possible people that could have been better than me. I know my weakness and strength, who I am and not. I know myself better than them"

Practice attending to yourself every time you're in the situation. To become the voice for ourselves also applies to any situation that triggers your anxiety. In my experience, this help me take control of my anxious thoughts and lead it systematically and objectively. At some point you tend to drift away from doing this - it's okay. Growth as they say isn't a linear process. You can always come back and try again.



And that is how I've been catching up with criticism. It's my form of self care last year and I'm thankful that I have learned about it. Hope this helps you tooπŸ˜‰









❤️follow my blog for more!❤️



Comments

  1. The best thing about this pandemic was how it slowed me down. Because of it I was able to make more time for myself and I made self care a priority.

    I feel like I am more present and live life more in the moment. Rather than worrying about what is to come next. I am so grateful and blessed that I was able to change my perspective and turn something negative into something positive.

    xo Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! That's really wonderful! Hoping you'll have the same good changes and even more improvements this year :)

      Delete
  2. It’s great that you’ve used the pandemic to focus on yourself and your growth. Knowing your worth is such an important lesson that we all need to learn. The internet and social media can definitely effect self-esteem, so finding a way to be in control of your own self worth is vital. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree -- 100%!!!! Thank you for the kind comment! <3

      Delete
  3. This is really interesting. Focusing on yourself is so important, it is something I am doing this year and I excited to develop and grow. Thank you for sharing.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I support you Lauren!<3 thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. It's so true that selfcare is talked about all the time yet it took me a long time to really start doing it. I still need to do more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i agree! it's the same for me too, time might be really a factor :)) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This is a wonderful post to read, and it is nice to see how you have used the pandemic to focus on your growth. I love how you provided an example of becoming the voice for yourself. I can sometimes feel overwhelmed when I am in front of other people, so this will be a good way for me to handle those situations. Thank you for sharing. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you for the lovely comment! Hope it helps ^^, stay safe!

      Delete
  6. I've taken the past year to focus on myself as well. I feel so blessed to be in the position I am now. I do think that self care means different things to different people so self care to me is still bubble baths and candles and pastries haha! Thanks for sharing xx

    www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great and important experience of learning to understand what you need and looking after yourself, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, dear readers! Thank you for reading, browsing, sharing, or supporting my blog in any ways. It makes me very happy and forever grateful. Don't forget to leave a comment, as I would love to interact with you guys, and follow my blog as well. xoxo, Fiona

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Milk Tea Flavors In Our Local Shops

How Genuine Self-awareness Change My Game?

Promoted + My Plans For Summer