Bookworm Starter-pack


I'm not really devoted to reading but I do like to read at some point, especially when I was still in high school. I was really fond of reading stories back then. So, in this post I will share to you the first few books that opened my soul to the world of novels and poetries. These books were my first mini novels and it really warmed my heart, taught me lessons in life, and broaden my imagination.


I don't have the actual books as I just borrowed them in the school library, hence, the pictures are all from the internet. In addition, these books are very short like it can be finish in one day or less. All of these are very lightweight and can be read by anybody -- young or old. So if you're new to reading novels or you want to start a reading hobby, this is a good starter-pack for you!

 

 

 

The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes

This short story is very meaningful and simple. This story talks about a girl who is always teased by her classmates because she was different from the rest. Mainly, this story revolves around the themeδΈ€ social justice. In my first read, I was curious about the girl because the story is narrated in second person. This is really an interesting and easy piece that will turn your curious mind around.

 



Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman

This was my favorite! This is a very funny and a charming novel about a girl and the suitors her father was planning to be paired for her. The thing is, her suitors were the worst and Catherine was trying to avoid them. Also, the nicest thing about this novel is, it is set in medieval England which I really love! I also love the accents and the old English/British language it has. If you're into a short and funny story, I recommend this 10/10!

 



Slow As A Panda by Larsen Rebecca

This novel is a little bit in the serious side. The title is so catchy and I thought it was relatable, which in fact it is, that's why I grabbed it in the book shelf and started reading it. The story is about a swimmer trying to save her team from falling apart as she was also struggling inside -- doubting her capabilities as a swimmer. The story was all in all full of self-lessons that is very good for the teens or even young adults nowadays.

 

 


 

 

 

Have you read any of these stories? What do you like to read among them? 

Let me know in the comments!







❤️follow my blog for more!❤️






Comments

  1. Slow as a Panda sounds like a great book. Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books are new to me. There are so many books I want to check out. Hope I have the time to read them all.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these, thanks for sharing! :- )

    Daniela
    www.danielanina.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard about any of these, but Slow As A Panda sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all sound so interesting! Thank you for sharing - I'm always looking for new things to read, will check these out!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound so amazing and I am hearing about them for the first time! Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I've never heard of these books but I will be adding them to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I haven't read any of these and I'm not really a bookworm but I love romance novels so I'm not 100% sure I'd pick these up haha Thanks for sharing xx

    Lynn | https://www.lynnmumbingmejia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's nice to know though. I also like romantic novels :))

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of these books before so thank you for sharing! it's nice that they made an impact on you as a child :)

    Hope you are having a great weekend :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm an avid reader, but I don't own a lot of books. Back when I was still a student, I took advantage of my library access; you would usually find me in the library reading books, or you would find me in the classroom reading a book. I owe so much of my vocabulary and passion for writing to reading books. :") it truly is a wonderful hobby to immerse in. Thank you so much for sharing with us, Fiona!

    Anna Jo | www.helloannajo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It really made an impact on my writing skills too. Yes, have a nice day Anna <3

      Delete
  11. An interesting selection of books. It's been forever since I last read a work of fiction, maybe I'll try one of these

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, dear readers! Thank you for reading, browsing, sharing, or supporting my blog in any ways. It makes me very happy and forever grateful. Don't forget to leave a comment, as I would love to interact with you guys, and follow my blog as well. xoxo, Fiona

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Milk Tea Flavors In Our Local Shops

How Genuine Self-awareness Change My Game?

Promoted + My Plans For Summer